May 21, 2015
CLICK HERE for a reservation form
Home School Day is a special day for home school groups to explore the museum through workshops and guided tours. Reservations are required. Please download the form above or contact LeAnne Johnson at 704.636.2889 ext. 258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A typical Home School Day schedule:
8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Welcome (check-in and site orientation)
9:30 a.m. to noon – Workshops and turntable ride
12 p.m. to 1 p.m. – Lunch (Please bring a picnic lunch.)
- How Do We Get From Here to There? Mapping a route from Pennsylvania to Salisbury on the Great Philadelphia Wagon Road
- How Do I Read a Map? Located in Bumper to Bumper
- How Does This Work? Steam, Diesel, and Electric locomotives
- Learning to Fly : Located in the Green Room with the Piedmont Airlines exhibit and Wright Brothers Flyer
- Orientation Video/Turntable Ride
- Time Zones in the RH Classroom
1 p.m. – Train ride
1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Free time to visit areas of the museum that you didn’t get to see before and visit the gift shop.
5 p.m. – Museum and exhibits close
Home School Day Review
Admission and Home School Day Activities:
$12* for ages 3+
(Prices include train and turntable ride)
*Plus NC state sales tax.